Temporary Arrangements for Module 2 Online Assessment
Please visit this page
Face-to-Face courses cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic
A Face-to-Face course covering Module 2 only
Completed over 6 weeks in Athens
Workload during the 6-week course
During your 6-week intensive course you will
- Teach a diagnostic lesson and get feedback
- Attend seminars and workshops
- Work on Module 2 assignments and lesson preparation – three observed & assessed internally and one by an External Assessor
- Complete 10 hours of directed observation with our classes
- Write an Experimental Practice Assignment and teach an Experimental lesson
- Complete all written parts of your Professional Development Assignment.
- Be assessed by an external assessor
Preference is given to teachers with recent and varied classroom teaching experience, related degrees and an initial training qualification such as the Cambridge CELTA. A language analysis and methods assessment is used as part of the selection process.
School Details – Athens
The centre is situated in the heart of Athens and is easily accessible from every part of the city. It has been an Authorised Cambridge Teaching Awards Centre since 1993. The centre is especially supportive of its trainees, and offers:
- Fully equipped spacious classrooms with interactive whiteboards.
- Multilingual classes of adults where our candidates can observe and be observed while teaching.
- Excellent pre-, while- and post-course support through a Delta course dedicated wiki with organised links, articles, and resources as well as sample assignments and videotaped seminars for preparation and revision.
- Free internet access and use of PCs for lesson preparation and materials design
- An excellent ELT dedicated library and resources, which have received high praise by all Cambridge Assessors.
- A course dedicated resources website, PBworks. This acts as a repository for all resources needed for the trainees to study for their course.
- A course dedicated communication platform, Schoology, for discussions, uploading of assignments, feedback on drafts and much more!
- A closed Facebook group to help network with all our other international candidates, be invited to observe live or live-streamed lessons delivered at CELT (with our candidates’ permission, of course). This is also where we post jobs sent to our centre asking to connect with our candidates or alumni.]
Dates & tuition
|Cambridge Delta Intensive Course Option|
You can pay for your tuition via bank transfer, Pay Pal or credit card.
In the fall course, candidates can opt to stay on in order to prepare for Module 1 and take the exam in Athens on the first Wednesday of December.
Module 1 preparation is usually offered online prior to the 6-week course and Module 3 tutorial support is organised online as well.
For those candidates who follow all three modules, tuition is a total of 2800 euros but modules can also be taken one at a time.
Individual furnished flatsare available starting at 400-500 Euros per month (water, electricity & wifi charges included). Early booking is advised.
For a furnished room in a flat shared with one or two other trainees, a rental of 350 per room per month (including all bills as above) is usual. Of course, it is also possible to find accommodation on your own through one of the many sites that offer this service.
N.B. CELT does not own or rent these flats or rooms for the trainees but works with a number of hosts to offer reasonably priced and clean student accommodation for the course duration.
How to Apply
- Choose the start date which interests you. If you’re still unsure, please choose an approximate date for now – you will be able to specify later.
- Download the application form (Application Form Delta Full Time) and save it in your hard drive.
- Complete it offline in your own time and email it to email@example.com
- Arrange a date and time when you can take your language and methodology screening exam; the written part is timed and takes about 90 minutes to complete; the interview, anywhere between 40 minute and an hour.
For More – you can email us right from this page
For details regarding applications, content or timetable, please send us an email. If you do and are expecting an answer, please check your spam folder and enable all messages from celt.edu.gr as our messages may end up there.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Centre for English Language & Training, 3 G.Gennadiou Street, 106 78 Athens, Greece
Tel +30 210 3302406 | +30 210 3301455 | Fax +30 210 3301202| E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org