Module 3 is part of the overall Delta Modular Diploma and allows candidates to do some independent research into areas of special interest to them, e.g. Business English, Young Learners, Exam Classes and more. This module focuses on needs analysis, syllabus design, course planning and assessment. You will carry out an independent investigation, leading to the design of a course programme related to one of the following specialisms:
[facebook url=”https://www.facebook.com/CambridgeEnglishTeaching/videos/263000911483576/” /]
List of specialisms for Option 1
Here is a list of the specialisms Cambridgeincludes in the Module 3 Handbook pages.
- Business English (BE)
- Teaching young learners/young adults (specified age group required with 5-year range e.g. 8–13, 14–9) (YL)
- English for Special Purposes (ESP)
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
- Teaching examination classes (EX)
- Teaching one-to-one (1to1)
- ESOL learners with literacy needs (ESOL)
- CLIL/Embedded ESOL (teaching English through subject/work-based learning) (CLIL)
- Teaching monolingual classes (MON)
- Teaching multilingual classes (MUL)
- Teaching in an English-speaking environment (ESE)
- Teaching in a non-English-speaking environment. (NESE)
- Teaching learners online, through distance/blended learning (DL)
- Teaching English to learners with special requirements e.g. visual/hearing impairment, dyslexia, ASD (SR)
- Language development for teachers (LDT)
- Language Support (e.g. EAL on mainstream teaching programmes; specialist skills support such as supporting writing needs) (LS)
What you can expect to learn on this course
|1. Research into specialist areas||
|2. Syllabus design: principles, influences on, methodological effects of, and major syllabus types as applied to the specific learning context||
|3. Designing syllabus and teaching programmes to meet the needs of learners in the specific context of their selected specialism||
|4. Course design and development in the specific context of their selected specialism||
|5. The principles and practice of testing and assessment and application to the candidate’s specialist area||
|6. Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness and quality of courses and programmes of study||
CELT Athens tutors are able to support most of the Option 1 specialisms and deliver input related to them during online or face-to-face courses or support through individual or group tutorials. Please contact us with an expression of your area of interest and we will immediately let you know if we support the particular specialism
Module 3 Specialism Enquiry Form
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
All options can be supported through course input and/or individual tutorials during the write up phase.
N.B. Our internal candidates who have been accepted on an integrated course are supported at no extra charge – for external candidates we offer distance courses (see links above). You can read more information on how we support by individual tutorial here.
Tuition for external candidates or by-Module candidates is 600 euros plus the Cambridge assessment fee.
Trainees who take this course option will receive input on their chosen specialism as well as
- Needs Analysis
- Syllabus Design
- Course Planning
- Testing and Evaluation
- Guidance on writing Module 3 assignment
They will also be given extra tutorial support and feedback on drafts of their Module 3 assignment.
Candidates for this specialism will be given access to the CELT Athens resources where they will be able to find some related reading but they should also be prepared to purchase some books themselves, especially if they re studying for this course by distance and do not have access to the CELT Athens library.
Assessment & Certification
Candidates who pass Module 3 Assignment gain a Cambridge Delta Module 3 Certificate which is part of the overall Cambridge Delta Diploma. Assignments are supported by the centre but marked at Cambridge.
To Register & Attend
Please complete and return the application form by clicking on this link
For the ELT Management Specialism please click here
Tuition for the Delta Module 3 course
600 euros plus 110 euros in Cambridge assessment fees
For more information – points of contact
Centre for English Language & Training, 3, G.Gennadiou Street, 106 78 Athens, Greece
Tel +30 210 3302406 | +30 210 3301455 | Fax +30 210 3301202| E-mail: email@example.com
Subscribe to our YL mailing list by clicking here
If you have sent us an email and are waiting for an answer, do please check your spam folder and enable all messages from any of our celt.edu.gr email addresses.