Why is the CELTA the one ‘must-do’ course?
Look for any job abroad and you are bound to come across the Cambridge CELTA listed as one of the basic requirements.
There are so many very good reasons for this!
- The CELTA Certificate is recognised by employers worldwide
- As a trainee you go through a rigorous selection process
- Employers know you have been taught how to teach using your course-book as well as from material you have designed yourself!
- You have had plenty of opportunities to teach live classses (as opposed to online certificates which do not include teaching practicums)
- You were taught at a recognised centre by Cambridge approved tutors who have appropriate training qualifications and experience
- Each and every course is inspected for quality and moderated by Cambridge appointed assessors.
How many online cheap TEFL courses do you know that can offer so many guarantees?
Course Offerings – News
As the new cases of Covid-19 seem to be on the rise again, Cambridge English Teaching has extended their permission to run CELTA courses fully online – the fully online is now a permanent option and is one of the three ways in which you can follow this course.
What you need in order to apply and be accepted
Many candidates worry that they do not know anything about teaching. Please don’t!!! The CELTA course is exactly designed for teachers who may have no classroom teaching experience whatsoever! Ideally you should:
- have a standard of education equivalent to that required for entry into higher education
- be aged 18 or over
- have a standard of English which will enable you to teach a range of levels including advanced classes
- You may still be accepted if you do not have formal qualifications at this level but can demonstrate that you would be likely to complete the course successfully.
Your standard of English should be C1 or higher – if you don’t know your level, do take our free placement test here, then write to us to let us know.
Follow these instructions to apply:
- Download the Application Form CELTA and return completed to email@example.com
- Use the same email if you have queries or would like to talk to one of our tutors.
- Complete and send the application form to the centre
- Receive and complete a ‘pre-interview task’, a pre-course written assessment.
- Email answers to the task to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arrange a date and time when you can attend an online interview with the course tutor.
- If accepted, pay in your deposit to confirm your place, and begin your pre-course preparation tasks given to you by the centre.
If you are accepted and offered a place on the course, our accounts will contact you with information about the payment plan for your course option.
If your course is assessed online as it now, during the time of the Covid-19 pandemic, you will be asked to attend a short course to help you deal with the technical aspects to teaching online. This course is free of charge.
How we select course participants
Selection of participants is determined through
- your answers to the pre-course language test which must be completed and sent in before the interview. This test aims to ensure that your language knowledge and skills are of a high enough level to be able to deal with the course successfully as well as to teach adult learners at a range of levels.
- a personal interview with a CELTA Tutor. In cases where a face-to-face interview is not possible, it is acceptable to be interviewed over the phone, Skype, Google Talk or other voice messenger.
Both native and non-native speakers are accepted on the course and both are expected to have a level of education, language awareness and competence in English which will enable them to deal with all aspects of the assessment in a successful way.
Why you should do your CELTA with us!
We have been operating as a teacher education centre since 1993 and are dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in all the teacher training programmes she has designed and supervises. So far, we have trained more than 1000 candidates on the CELTA and our pass rate is close to 100% (99,7% to be precise!)
CELT Athens is an Authorised Cambridge Teaching Awards Centre for CELTA and DELTA and has been running Cambridge Diploma level courses since 1993.
We guarantee excellence in
- quality of tutor input and support
- our rich and varied ELT library with all the books you need for your background reading with a lifetime library membership for our trainees
- fantastic teaching facilities at our new centre with all the necessary tech including IWB’s (interactive whiteboards)
- online support with special access to resources and self-access study materials
- job support through our online closed community
- course options available -full-time, part-time and online options so you can choose the best option for your nee
- our strong alumni community which offers peer support and an international network of peers
- our strong presence in all the social media and online communities of ELT professionals through community work, volunteering, blogging and more!
And of course, attending the course takes place in Athens, one of the friendliest and safest cities in Europe is a great bonus for lovers of Greece, Greek history and the quick and easy access to some heavenly spots for a quick break during or after your course!
Last but not least, our Centre Director, Marisa Constantinides, is an international blogger, conference speaker and materials designer, who has put together a great team of CELTA trainers. Read our reviews and testimonies from our trainees here
How Difficult is it?
The Cambridge CELTA is a demanding but highly rewarding course. During your attendance, you will be following seminars and workshops by top tutors and teaching our adult classes or observing fellow trainees teach these classes. The course will equip you with all the basic teaching, planning and design skills you need in order to deal with any teaching problem.N.B. The Cambridge assessment & licensing for the online course of 250 euros is not included in the tuition above.
What can I do to prepare for my course?
Our tutorial team has put together a free website which anyone wishing to apply to follow a CELTA can try to improve their language level on their own or with a colleague. Ask us for details once you apply. The results of solitary/individual work vary – some individuals may do well, others may benefit by attending our Language for Teaching improvement course.
Cambridge ESOL has published a handbook which includes all the regulations and syllabus of the course. We have included it on the page in case you wish to read it before you apply. Click here to download the cambridge CELTA Syllabus Document
* The Cambridge Syllabus is in pdf format. Acrobat Reader can be downloaded from this link.
Send us an email from this page
If you email us from this page, do check your spam folder and enable all messages from celt.edu.gr