CELT is primarily a TEFL training centre, dedicated to teacher development and to the pursuit of excellence in foreign language education in the private and public sectors.
Tuition Fees All Courses
Our Mission Statement
We are firmly committed to an Equal Opportunities Policy and you can find our more about the people of this organisation by clicking here and testimonials by trainees who have attended our courses can be accessed through this page!
Our courses include the Cambridge CELTA Certificate course as well as a range of other courses, from English for English Language Teachers & Grammar for English Language Teachers preparatory programmes for TEFL teachers to the post-graduate Cambridge Delta Diploma. But apart from these two flagship courses which have built our great reputation as a centre, we also offer a variety of shorter course options as well as workshops and consultation services for language centres. Please click on link to find out a summary of all our TEFL Courses To date, we have trained more than 2,500 Foreign Language teachers, directors of studies and administrators and have worked with the private as well as the state school sector. CELT trainees come from many countries (the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, S.Africa and more) as well as from Greece. They come to CELT to start or develop their teaching careers ; many currently hold posts of responsibility in Greece and overseas.
- Grammar for Teachers Online Courses
- English for Teachers Online Courses
- Teaching English to Young learners and Teens
Short Specialism Online Courses
These short courses are offered online via Moodle and can be taken as standalone courses or as part of the Cambridge Delta Diploma, leading to research and an assignment which may include the design of a Syllabus (Extending Practice and ELT Specialism ) or a proposal for an innovation in ELT Management (ELTM Specialism).
- Teaching young learners (YL)
- English Language Teaching Management (ELTM)
- Teaching learners online, through distance/blended learning (DL)
For new teachers or colleagues without a TEFL certificate – Click here for more
There is no other teaching certificate mentioned as much the Cambridge CELTA in all the job postings on the web. The course leading to this Teaching Award is taken annually by more than 10,000 teachers worldwide – some are completely new to the profession and some seek it as proof of training even though they may be quite experienced. Read all about it here and find out how you, too can obtain it at our centre.
- The CELTA in Athens – Part time or Intensive in 4 weeks We offer 3-mornings a week courses or one-day per week Saturday courses to part time trainees apart from our classic 4 week in person courses in Athens. N.B. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in-Athens courses are temporarily not available.
- The Online CELTA – part time or full time All the seminars for this course are offered by distance in a Moodle platform but trainee teachers must come to Athens for two intensive weeks or 9 one-day a week visits in order to complete their teaching assessments. The 9 days are often offered on Saturdays. N.B. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all in-Athens Teaching assessments normally done at our centre, are now held online in our Zoom online classroom.
For experienced teachers with a CELTA or equivalent TEFL certificate – Click here for more
More experienced teachers who wish to consolidate their career and take on positions of responsibility as Directors of Studies, Academic Managers, Teacher Trainers and more usually look at the Cambridge Delta as the basic foundation in that direction. Most of the higher positions advertised today specifically mention the Delta as one of the requirements. You can find out all about the options we offer if you visit the introductory page linked here, General Information about the Cambridge Delta or, try to look for the option you prefer from the menu below:
- Module 1 Part time Online FULL course This is a course run entirely by distance – candidates can take the Module 1 written test anywhere near their home where it can be administered.
- All Modules Part time Fully Online course You can complete our integrated course within one academic or calendar year with 24 weeks of live/interactive sessions online (modules 1 & 2) and individual tutorial support (module 3)
- Module 2 Part time Fully Online Course Follow our Module 2 course fully online in 20 weeks
- Module 3 via individual tutorial or add-on course for the ELT Management Specialism
Our centre has been offering Diplomas since as far back 1989 and our tutors are amongst the most experienced in the ELT profession.
N.B. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the following in-Athens courses are temporarily not available.
CELT offers general and Business Greek courses organised mainly in Athens or online; every summer, a two-week immersion course is organised on a Greek island. Click here for more information, levels, dates and tuition.
CELT Athens is a specialist centre in teaching English as a Foreign Language to Adults. We offer a wide variety of tailor made programmes for companies and individuals. Click here for information on our one-to-one courses and on our Corporate courses.
Tailor Made and Bespoke Courses
Our centre has a long tradition of delivering a variety of courses from Cambridge programmes to tailor made workshops and and seminars or mini-courses for schools and associations; for a diversity of individual teachers’ needs as well as institutional needs. We invite you to review our regularly offered courses below and through our other pages.
In addition, we have great design capabilities and have worked with schools, companies and school associations deliveringbespoke courses for a wide range of needs – from teaching exam classes, to training teachers of Modern Languages (German, French & Italian), Directors of Studies and foreign language school owners.
Where you can find us
Recently relocated to new, more spacious premises, you can find us in the heart of Athens, a city with so much to see and do!
Our centre is within easy reach of multiple means of transport and just two metro stops away from the Acropolis and the surrounding area, Plaka, the old city quarter of Athens at the foot of the Acropolis and just 30 mins away from some of the best beaches in the Mediterranean.
Connect with us
Centre for English Language & Training, 3 G.Gennadiou Street, 106 78 Athens, Greece
Tel +30 6974065437 E-mail: info @celt.edu.gr
Please make sure you check your spam folder if expecting a reply from us as emails from addresses of schools often end up there!